Thursday, May 26, 2011

Little Cakes in an Ice Cream Cup!

I wanted to try my hand in making Caramel Filled Chocolate Cupcakes with Sea Salt on top. I could not find any holders I liked and ran across these Ice Creamm Cups at Jo Anns.. Well I decided to give it a go and see if they would bake ok in these cuties. And they did. They baked up perfect. I also decided to try out making home make Caramel filling. Oh boy.. The first batch I burnt.. Yikes.. Then quickly put it under cold water and the entire thing hardened up like a rock inside my pan. Very funny after I figured out It would come out with hot water! But then I learned my lesson.. Add the correct stuff in the correct order. LOL So the second batch was heaven.. Love the recipe I found for the caramel. Who knew it was so easy to make caramel.






A little birdie told me they wanted to try these.. I might just have to make another batch for a Memorial Day BBQ we are going too.. hmmmm???
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Jake loves Riane said...

And yes, they taste just as incredible as they look. Good job Jolina!!! You're always welcome to test out new recipes on Small Group nights. :)