Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Slumber Party Cupcakes

My two daughters had a slumber party over spring break. So I had to make these cupcakes from the Hello Cupcake book.

 

I would have to say, using canned icing is just not the way to go. Even though I know they swear they use it in the book. I have my doubts. It just does not hold up. Also.. I found salt water taffy works great for the blankets. Wow.. it rolls nice. And it comes in a zillion colors. I tried Air heads also.. They have just a few colors. But bright.
 

 

 

I had fun adding my own touches.. The bows were my favorite. I must say, I really enjoyed making these. And the look on all the girls faces when they saw them was priceless.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tina Kelley said...

These are super cute and I love that you can personalize them.

Ainsley STILL talks about the slumber party.. :)

Unknown said...

Oh wow, Slumber Party Cupcakes look so adorable. I just can’t resist eating these beautiful and colorful cupcakes. For our cousin we too are planning the bridal slumber party. We would book one of the Los Angeles venues for this hotel slumber. It will be great if you could help me in finding some fun activities for this bash!