Thursday, September 16, 2010

14 layer cake

This is what my kitchen counter looked like.. 8 cake pans ready to go. I used round cut out wax paper to fit the bottom of the pans.. I use this a lot when baking breads.. but never with cakes.. saw it in the recipe and thought it was a good idea. I will used this now with all my cakes. It makes it so much easier to get the cake out of the pan. No worries that it will stick.
I use regular pam to spray the bottoms of each pan first. Then put the wax paper down on that so it will stick and stay in place. Also I love using....... wait for it........ PAM for baking.. LOVE IT. when I don't have my quick release for cakes I reach for this. Works great everytime.. and for greasing down 14 pans its a must have. Made the moring go much faster.
This is what my counter looked like with layers of cake cooling. I did not even have enough racks to cool everything down. But they cooled fast and as soon as the last batch came out I was ready to start putting the cake together.
With one daughter looking and watching..
Now the stacking starts. Glaze... Layer... Glaze.. Layer..
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: