Thursday, September 16, 2010

14 layers

after putting the glaze on, this is what it looks like.. a huge stack of pancakes that are shiney!! not too pretty.
So chocolate frosting went on the outside to even everything up and make it look nicer. Now I am at small group.. I had to wait all day to see what the inside would look like.. :) I wanted to cut into it so bad.. As soon as we got there I was reaching for the knife to cut.
Now.. imagine.. :) pink borders around the bottom and top.. with hearts out of frosting on the side.. now see me scraping it all off!! yup.. I did not like how it looked and the hearts looked... well... like poo. So I just could not stand it and took it all off.. re-frosted it and left it plain.
I was excited to cut it open.. I had no idea if it would hold up its form.. Well it did.. :)
Looks pretty cool.. taste.. well again honestly.. kind of bland.. I think the glaze needed to be sweeter.. So next time I will change it up a bit. :)

this is where you can get the recipe if you want to try it out. http://www.oprah.com/food/The-Smith-Familys-12-Layer-Cake
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was great ! Good job

Jenny said...

It looks great! Your patience is amazing:)