Friday, May 15, 2009

Baily's Irish Cream Pie

I make this every year for St. Patty's day. But this week I whipped out two of them. One as a thank you.. And one for the hubby.. He is very tired of me making desserts and giving them away. This recipe is very easy.. Again.. One I can make in my sleep.
1. envelope of unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
2-8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
8 ounce whipped topping, thawed
1/4 plus 2 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream
Garnish, whatever you would like.
Place water in pan. Sprinkle gelatin over the top and let stand for 1 minute. Cook on low for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Mix cream cheese and sugar in mixer. blend well. Should be nice and creamy as seen below.
Gradually add gelatin mixture and the Baily's. Gently fold in the whipped topping. Put into pie crust.. (graham cracker crust tastes best)
Then garnish it with whatever fruit you would like.. or maybe drizzle chocolate over the entire thing.. I thought about that, but did not have any chocolate on hand today! That would taste really good with the baily's!!
I was not happy with just one strawberry. So on the one I gave away, I put strawberries all over!! Much prettier I should say.
This pie is very very rich.. refrigerate for about 2 hours to let set up really well.. Then scrap the bowl you just used and eat that while you wait!! It is sooooo goooood!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Tina Kelley said...

Saying it is SOOO GOOD does not really do this justice..

I can say, being the receipiant of this pie, that it is so good your husband will have to stange an intervention just so you won't eat the whole thing in one day!

Hello, I'm Tina and I'm a Irish Cream Pie-aholic..