Friday, May 15, 2009

St. Patty's Day treats

I decided to head off to the Decorette shop for some advice.. I have not been able to melt my chocolate very well for some reason.. Well come to find out.. You can not put color in white chocolate unless you use Flo-Coat.. Becuase the color is water base.. it will seize your choc. or make it really thick and not very managable. So I went home to try out the new Guittard Chocolates.. Which are easy to melt.. No more microwave. Just boil some water.. take it off the stove and put the chocolates in a bowl on top of the steaming water.. It takes a while longer but the chocolates are easier to work with.
This is a really cute way to make your own "pot of gold". 6X6 inch square.. crease every two inches.. fold and cut.. then staple. I added the pipe cleaner for the gold part and put goodies in it for the teachers at Eva's school.
for the kids at her school.. They all got Cake pops. Eva and Kia painted the Shamrocks and then I paper punch holes in the pot of gold and shamrock to slide the cake pop in. To make these yummy cake pops you can go check out Bakerella.blogspot.com. She has some great stuff on her site.. I love it.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: